Image courtesy of www.vera-natura.com
I love seeing that people from around the world read my blog. So I thought I would put out a little questionnaire with my answers right along side. I would love it if you would take the time to answer and reply to any or all of them. That way I can get to know you better and tailor my writing to your interests. That would be fantastic! So here goes.
- Where d0 you live? Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- What are your favourite posts? The refashions from unusual thrifted finds; that perfect much sought after thrift find; a successful refashion!
- What would you like to see more of on this blog? More of the continuing fantastic reading of my posts and comments from my wonderful readers!
- What are your 5 favourite places to visit? Seville, Spain; Brugges, Belgium; Paris, France; Anywhere in Italy; Munich, Germany.
- What was the last country you visited? Jamaica
- What is your 5 favourite hobbies? Thrift shopping, refashioning, sewing, working on my blog and trying new recipes and tailoring them to my dietary requirements.
- Dogs or cats? Dogs
- Favourite paid job that you have had? Forensic autopsy technician
- Languages you speak even a little or a lot? English, German, French, Italian, Turkish, Greek (only swear words)
- Favourite book, movie and music genre? Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen; Love Actually; Eighties music.
So these are just a few questions I thought I would ask. I would love it if you had thought of your own questions to ask me and I will gladly reply. I would love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and my posts. Cheers, Michele
As I have mentioned in previous posts, Jane Austen is one of my favourite writers. Luckily for me and for other Austen fans, many writers have taken up the task of writing sequels, prequels and other versions of Pride and Prejudice. Here are just a few.
If you are an Austen fan, you should check some of them out, some are set in the original time period and some are more modern. Some are more true to the original story line, and some like Pirates and Prejudice are completely different twists on the original story. I hope you like reading as much as I do and will check some of them out. Happy reading, Cheers, Michele
I am the type of person who hangs on to books I love and reads them again and again. My latest post about my favourite Zombie movies and TV shows inspired me to search my book shelves for the following three books to re-read.
The first book that came out in this series was Pride Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. I bought this book when we were touring the England one summer and read it cover to cover in one day while we were staying in a very old stone house in the Cotswolds. I instantly loved it!! It follows along the lines of the original Pride and Prejudice except the Bennet family are trained Zombie slayers. It adds an interesting quirk to a story I already love as I am a huge Jane Austen fan.
The Prequel to this series is Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith which is set four years before Pride Prejudice and Zombies and follows the Bennet family as the girls begin their training to become Zombie slayers.
The Sequel to this series is Dreadfully Ever After by Steve Hockensmith. It follows Elizabeth and her husband Darcy years after the original book when Darcy has been bitten and Elizabeth hunts for the elusive “cure” to the curse of the zombie bite.
I will have to say that the original Pride, Prejudice and Zombies will always be my favourite of this series. It is well written, funny and of course who can deny that the combination of Jane Austen and Zombies will always be dear to my little Austen and Zombie loving heart. I think that these books have opened up the wonders of Jane Austen’s writing to a whole new audience and hopefully encouraged them to read the originals of her books. Have you read any of the books in this series? What did you think? Are you a Jane Austen and/or zombie literature fan? I would love to hear from you. Cheers, Michele