Here are some reasons I love to thrift, anyone who is a thrifter will understand and hopefully some future thrifters will be inspired.
- I am a thrifter from my childhood and there is nothing like walking into a thrift store feeling the anticipation of the next great find. Even after years of thrifting, I still feel that buzz of excitement in finding a great piece or pieces.
- The knowledge that I can find unique pieces that not everyone would have or even wear is always exciting to me.
- The vintage pieces are worth the hunt.
- The quality of the fabric and construction of vintage pieces.
- Saving wonderful pieces from the landfill.
- The people I meet in the thrift shops.
- The money I save, even though the prices at thrift stores have gone up way too much
- The staff at the stores that I frequent.
- Blogging about my thrift finds.
- Finding things that I can refashion.
What are your favourite things about thrift shopping? I would love to hear from you. Cheers, Michele