I have been reading these kinds of posts on other bloggers’ sites and thought I would do some reminiscing and figure out what I would tell my younger self. Here are just a few of things that my younger self should know!
- Save my money and invest it in myself.
- Don’t worry about people judging me, they don’t really care about what I do as much as I think. Those that matter don’t mind, those that mind, don’t matter.
- Have more self-confidence. Stand up for myself and be easier on myself, stop being my own worst critic.
- Be more appreciative of all the wonderful things life has to offer. Appreciate good friends and family more and be closer to the people that are important to me.
- Be more careful of my own feelings. Be kind to myself.
- Listen more carefully to my instincts about people. Make better choices in friends and relationships.
- Work harder and enjoy school more.
- Take opportunities when they arise, don’t let self-doubt make me turn away from greatness.
- Love my kids and husband and parents more and spend more time with them.
- Be more open and honest without making myself too open to hurt. Allow vulnerability and accept that it is part of my humanness. Cry more over the more things that matter, but cry less over things that don’t.
- Travel more when the opportunity arises.
- Don’t worry about fitting in; trying to fit in is an acceptance of mediocrity and conformity.
- Read more, watch TV less.
- Don’t let the hurts of the past affect the joys of the future.
- Be happier and laugh more.
These are just a few things that I would tell that much younger me, and if even a few of them sunk in, I might be a different person in a different place. But then again, I like myself very much and where I am in life and the choices, mistakes and missteps that I have made have lead to the person that I am. So who knows…maybe I should just leave my younger self to make those choices and I will still end up in the wonderful place I am in. Life is great, I have people in my life that make me truly happy and each day brings me joy. I hope that you are in a place in your life where you feel the same…but then again, we all wish we could go back and tell that younger self to smarten up, lighten up and not to give up. What would you tell your younger self? Cheers, Michele