Dotted Dress Malfunction!! Embarrassing…Heck Yes!!

Posted on

I love this dress so much, it is blue with white polka dots, it fits perfectly and I can twirl in the skirt.

image

I decided to wear it to work yesterday because it is a nice cool dress and the weather was hot, humid and nasty. But we had terrible winds and unfortunately while waiting for the bus going to work, the wind caught my skirt and blew it completely over my head.  Not as glamorousily as Marilyn Monroe and her famous white dress, I gave everyone around a view of my knickers, which luckily were nice and bright purple.  I got whistles, shouts and honks.  Very embarrassing.  It was too late to go home and change, so I just gripped a bunch of the fabric and hoped for the best.  Unfortunately when I got off the bus at the hospital, I forgot about my previous mishap and let go of the skirt.  As I crossed the street, it happened again, up went the skirt and my knickers were again on show.  Again with the honking, the shouts and the whistles. How embarrassing!!!  So I am not sure if I will ever wear this dress again as it will always have memories of its malfunction.  I may have to give it away.  I had another dress that had to be re-donated for a similar reason.  It was a tied wrap dress that had come undone on the way to work and I discovered only later that I had been standing on the bus with the whole front open.  It explained the strange and delighted looks I was getting from my fellow bus riders.  Do you have clothes you just can’t wear anymore because of a bad experience while wearing them?  Let me know, I would love to know that I am not alone in attaching emotions to the clothes I wear.  Cheers, Michele

6 thoughts on “Dotted Dress Malfunction!! Embarrassing…Heck Yes!!

Deanna said:
    June 21, 2016 at 16:20

At least the reaction of your “audience” was enthusiastically positive….

MicheleBrunskill responded:
      June 21, 2016 at 16:21

Yes as far as I can tell. Still humiliating though. Hope this has never happened to you. Cheers, Michele

Cris Pellie said:
    June 21, 2016 at 23:22

Haha! You took it all in stride. Thanks for the laugh. Recently I was at a festival and a young woman had just come from the portable potty with her skirt tucked in her panties. I let her know and she said, “Oh great. Now everyone knows I’m wearing my Christmas panties.” So I wished bet Merry Christmas. Yes, we’ve all had our malfunctions. As a fellow thrifter, sometimes an otherwise perfect garment will go wonky and it’s clear why the previous owner donated it!

MicheleBrunskill responded:
      June 22, 2016 at 04:09

Thanks for writing to me. I find it funny now and even did at the time as this sort of thing happens to me a lot. The dress is find, it was just so blasted windy that any dress with a full skirt would have had the same problem. I think I am going to keep it anyways because the dress makes me happy in all other ways…I will just have to consider my clothing choices a little more carefully when it is windy. Cheers, Michele

AFS said:
    June 22, 2016 at 00:59

Can you modify the skirt so it wont be so likely to catch the wind?

MicheleBrunskill responded:
      June 22, 2016 at 04:10

There is nothing wrong with the skirt…the wind was just too strong. I can laugh about it now though. Cheers, Michele

Comments are closed.