Recently I received the most amazing email from a wonderful blogger named Linda Wilson who writes a blog called “Remake Remodel Recycle”. Check her out her blog here.
She has nominated me for The Liebster Award which is an award for new or beginner bloggers. I was so unbelievably thrilled that she would even consider me that I cried, but happy tears. A huge heartfelt thank you to Linda, you should check out her amazing blog, I have used it for inspiration and motivation for my own blog and only hope that some day I will be able to live up to her standards.
The nominee must do the following:
- Thank the nominator.
- Post the award on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions posed by the nominator
- Ask 10 questions to people you have nominated (who have less than 200 followers on WordPress)
- Notify your nominees
So in keeping with the requirements of the award I will answer the questions Linda sent me.
What has surprised you about blogging? How much I would love it and how encouraging other bloggers are to a new comer.
What inspires you to sew whatever you sew? Being frugal, making clothes that fit my 6 foot, curvy figure, making clothes that fit my style, and it just makes me happy.
What is your most selfish sewing habit? I converted my youngest daughter’s room after she moved out into my dedicated sewing room. I have a whole closet to hang my out of season refashions and those I am still working on. I have a TV in there to watch movies when I am seam ripping or hand sewing or ironing.
Where do the pins go? Can anyone answer this? I usually step on them in my bare feet when I am trying refashions on. Ouch!!
Why do you blog? I was inspired firstly by my mom who had a knitting blog, I turned 51 and decided to challenge myself to do something that scares me. I am nervous about talking to people so this is a safer way to talk to people.
Tell us something we might not know about you. I am pathologically afraid of earwigs!! They send shivers up my spine and freak me out!!
What is your favourite book? “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen
Favourite movie? “Love Actually”
What catches your eye first, plain or print? Print!!
What is your favourite sewing gadget? My seam ripper because it always seems like I am taking a garment apart to rebuild it. The other gadget would have to be my dress mannequin named after my mom.
The questions for my nominees are:
- What is your favourite part about blogging?
- What or who inspired you to blog?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your favourite fashion decade?
- When thrifting or sewing or shopping for fabric or items for refashion, what is more important; colour or print?
- Do you always use patterns when sewing or just wing it?
- Do you use a dress mannequin or fit the clothes on yourself?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Where do you see your blog in 2 years time?
- Do you ever refashion or re-style a sewing failure and try again?
The nominates must thank their nomination.
Check these amazing bloggers out! Cheers, Michele